Tuesday, June 3, 2008

You scream, I scream...

Hello! Here's a little peek at two of the new sets being released on Wednesday at the MFT party



The first is called Here's the Scoop. I went to my local Cold Stone Ice Cream shop and begged them for a couple of empty ice cream containers. I cut one apart for a pattern and traced it onto the adorable background paper from Basic Grey called Cupcake Confetti. I used my brown watercolor pencil to color the sundae glass that was stamped in brown staz-on on watercolor paper. I decorated the top with fruit punch Stickles and white opal Liquid Pearls. While the liquid pearl was still wet I added some real cupcake sprinkles. The rest of the glass was finished with crystal effects.

The second card is done using a set called Congrats all Around. I kept this very simple using some paper from Basic Grey and my new Robin's Nest Dew Drops.
Here's all the details for the release party...
My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, June 4 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. LOTS of fun (and a surprise release) is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.
Thanks so much for stamping by!
Laura~





6 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome cards girl!! I love them!!!! Cold Stone Creamery, yuummmmyyyy

Sandra Smart said...

Oh my gosh, Laura, you are too much...this is so stinkin cute! I love the sprinkles on that sundae! Great job!

Carrie said...

Your little sundae looks so yummy!
Good idea too. I gotta get some of those Robin's Nest Dew Drops, they look great on cards:) Thanks for sharing.

Makin' Me Crazy said...

That ice cream set you made is the CUTEST thing ever! Of course ice cream is my favorite food group... Yes, it is a food group!

Jody Morrow said...

That is an adorable idea! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Deborah Anton said...

Well aren't these cute!! Love the ice cream idea and that graduation card is great!! One more week girl and I will have so much stamping time!!!