Thursday, January 8, 2009

Birthday Monsters

Hi! First, I want to thank you all for your comments the last few days, I really appreciate them:)
This card is for 2 challenges, SCS sketch and the Way to Use It (incorporate stars into the design).

I remembered that this too stinkin' cute set from October Afternoon called Night Light has a little star stamp, ohhh. My nephew's birthday is in a few week's and I thought the monsters would be perfect for him. For the background dp and the monster on the right I used paper we just got in stock from October Afternoon's Daydream collection. To make the cutout circles on the image panels I just used the bigger hole on my Crop-a-Dile and added the teal background paper behind it and then added some inking with Cat's Eye colorbox chalk. The clip is one I pulled out from my stash and the ribbon is from the store. Are you ever in need of the PERFECT word bubble? Check out this set called Comic Bubbles from October Afternoon. I consider this set a sort of staple item.

If you *heart* the monster set like I do, go grab it. There are only 4 left in stock and we are not ordering more, be sure to check out the Night Light Paper pack while you're at it. The Bittersweet line from Basic Grey went fast!!! We do have 4 6x6 pads left in stock. We are going to order more, but if you don't want to wait, snatch up what's left:)

Thanks for stamping by today~

6 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!

Tracey said...

This is adorable!!

Jen said...

Very cute! The one monster on the right reminds me of Randall from Monsters,Inc. movie. :o)

Michelle Giraud said...

Laura this is so cute!!! I absolutely love everything you did with this card. I just dug this set out yesterday to make something so I'll have to post it later today but it's not nearly as good as yours!

Only 2 more weeks!

Sandra Smart said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

g said...

i just love this card! so inspired that i too ordered these stamps & some papers & made a card for my nephew's upcoming 5th birthday!
i totally used your techniques & fab layout design from your amazing card class!
Oh no! i think you've created a... monster ;) i just couldn't refuse!
you can see mine here
{{big hugs}}