Friday, December 28, 2007

Card Box


I have a few things to share today. The first is this card box that I made for Christmas gifts. I made about 12 total. I sold a few right before Christmas and the rest were gifts, which is why I couldn't post the photo before, I didn't want my family and friends to know! I got the unfinished wooden boxes from Michaels. I painted them with craft paint and then used an antiquing medium to give it an aged look. The letter stamps are from Autumn Leaves (I got the set on clearance at Target awhile back) I adhered the paper with decoupage and then added another coat to the entire box. Inside the box I included printed cardstock to keep track of birthday's and anniversaries for each month. Each box also included a small stack of handmade cards. They were a big hit!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura~

2 comments:

Sandra Smart said...

Laura, what a great idea! I love it! ok, off to Michaels I go. ;)

Diane Noble said...

Beautiful. You certainly have an eye for the right amount of "altering." I love it.