Friday, July 25, 2008

Hot Dog!


Hi! I made this card for the Dirty Girl sketch challenge. I have had this adorable set from The Cat's Pajamas for awhile now with this idea in my head, I finally got around to getting it onto a card. I have now had the privilege of hanging out 2 times with the owner of Cat's Pajamas, Alma, both in Texas and at CHA. I don't know how I didn't manage to get a picture with her, but I want to tell you what a fabulous girl she is. So warm and funny and her stamps are just adorable. On Friday night in Chicago, a local stamp store owner invited a bunch of us to come over and have some pizza and other yummy food (including wine) and do some shopping. I was able to grab some more of her stamps there, so I will have a few more projects coming up with those.
FYI, Alma is having a 25% off summer sale on her in stock stamps, what a great time to pick up some of these adorable images!


I love the retro look and feel of Alma's designs and thougth a black and white card would be fun. I also used this card to try out my brand new set of Copic Markers. Did I mention that I am now a Copic Certified Instructor? Whoohoo! I will start putting together some tutorials about what I am learning (I need some practice still:) For this card I stamped the image in Black StazOn and used the C1 and C5 colors to add some shading on just the inside of the space bubble and the poodle. I added Crystal Effects to the the swirls and collar on the poodle. The dp is from a pack of handmade paper a friend gave to me, it has embossed stars on it.
Thanks so much for stamping by!
Laura~

7 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

Love this card and the color choice. Had a blast at CHA. Can't wait to get together again.

Blblblblblblblblblbl!

fishlips said...

This is just way 2 cute and I also love the retro colors and the big brads, just great...

Tiff said...

I just checked out their stamps for the first time and fell in love with this set! This looks so pretty! It's very retro!

Sandra Smart said...

Copic certified??!! How awesome! Good for you! Someday, I will have to try them out. Really cool card!

Carrie said...

Yes, Yes, please share all your wonderful knowledge of Copics:) Their stamp sets are great! Great card.

Kristine said...

Oh, this is soo cute! Love the swirly curls on the doggy. Great job on this Laura!! =o)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute Laura!!! I love it!!