Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lots to share....

Hi! I know that's it's been very quiet here, but I do have a lot to share today so buckle your seat belts and put your trays in an upright position.

While I was at CHA I got to meet one of my favorite card artists and fellow MFT sistahs, Michelle Giraud. I cannot even begin to tell you what a fabulous girl she is and how well we hit it off. We ended up sharing a room the last night of the trip and while going through all the catalogues we acquired, I told her that I would love to get involved with the retail side of the industry. She has had several business over the years including internet stores. We started talking about what kind of things we would like to see offered and for us it kept coming back to getting a good deal. I love getting and having all kinds of paper, but don't like paying retail. We thought it would be fun to have a sort of co-op store where we could feature companies that don't necessarily get a lot of exposure and share it with you, our fellow stampers and bloggers at a nice discount. Our mission is to place the minimum orders with these companies and sell what we get in stock and then move on to another company or set of products. We won't keep a steady stock of lines, just featured product and when it's gone it's gone. Our store is called Paper Addiction and for the next few weeks we will be clearing out some BasicGrey paper and Green Grass Rubber Stamps. I would love to get your feedback about the site and our idea! I absolutely cannot wait to share the next fun line with you!

Okay here is some more news. I am now designing for American Art Stamps, woohoo. I just love the whimsical style of the lines. These angels by Adriana Cirstea are so beautiful, they remind me of the Willow Tree figurines. Michelle issued a challenge a couple of days ago to stamp on dp, I really love the look of this. I stamped on BasicGrey Scarlet Letter and colored just a little around the edges with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I did wash over that with pearlescent watercolors for a little sheen.



One more thing (I am being a total enabler today:) Kim from MFT is on vacation this week and is having a 25% off sale on the original MFT stamps and a shipping discount!

So tell me what you think. Thanks for stamping by!
Laura~

11 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Laura... I'm Janine and I also design for AAS.. Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the team. AAS has some fabulous stamps and it is such fun when they arrive in the mail from Michelle and I get to use them.
I am up in Ontario Canada so it always takes a bit longer but it's worth the wait.
Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

All great news, Laura. Btw/ I just placed my first order with Paper Addiction :) Good luck in your new venture!

Tiff said...

Laura, I just placed my first order as well! I love those basic grey 6x6 pads and I can't believe you are selling them at cost! Thanks so much! Keep me posted on new additions to your coop store? Are there any copic coops in the future? LOL

Kevin Renz said...

Hey Laura,

All very cool news! How exciting all around. Glad that you are doing well. I'm hoping to make it to Las Vegas in the spring - you think you might be up for a visit??

Deborah Anton said...

Hey Laura!

Congratulations to the both of you on this little fun "hobby!" CHA brought it to life!! : ) Good luck with it and hope you enjoy what it all brings! HUGS

Anonymous said...

oh, I am such a huge fan of Karen Stolper's stick chicks and have recently found these gorgeous angels! I'm slowly starting to collect them all, so how wonderful to see such a beautiful card featuring one on your blog!

Congratulations on both of your new endeavors! :) how exciting!

Jennifer

Carolyn King said...

Wow..so much FANTASTIC news--congrats on your venture with Michelle---i am sure it is gonna be hugely popular...great idea!!!

Congrats with the new dt too! Woohoo...love that beautiful card....it is so elegant!

Christina Fischer said...

Congrats on all your great news! I'm thrilled for you and Michelle, and I hope it's a huge success!

So glad you're designing for AAS! I love their images and have quite a few that need to see some ink! Can't wait to see what you create with them -- this card is just gorgeous! :)

Shauna! said...

Hello Neighbor (right? anyone south of 215?)
I just listed you on my blog with an AWARD! I love your site - your stamping is incredible. Seriously, who taught you how to stamp? lol
Shauna!

Betty O said...

Congratulations on your new ventures. And the card is gorgeous! I agree that it looks like a Willow Tree Figure. I'll have to check them out!

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats and welcome to the team. What fun that we are on 2 teams together.

Love your card.