Thursday, May 22, 2008

More Father's Day


Hi! The challenge for today was to create a masculine card. I still had one fella that I received as a RAK from Sara (depeira) a little while ago. I also had some grilling paper I picked up at my LSS a couple of weeks ago. I colored the image with my watercolor pencils because the image was stamped on regular cardstock I didn't have any room for error. I had the image all colored in and looking fabulous on the paper that is came on and then got a smudge on it, arrrggghhhh. So I had to cut the fella and his grill out. I do like the dimension that it gave it, but still. The sentiment is from the MFT set Let's Hear it for the Boy and the cool corner detail is also from a MFT set called setting the stage which is on sale this month at MFT, go check it out. I doodle around the sentiments to mimic the stamp doodle. I think it gives a cool look.


I am waiting for the carpet guys to come fix my carpet where my dog made a hole, eccchhh! So maybe I will get another card done while I wait, that's a good thing:)


Thanks so much for stamping by!

Laura~

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Laura, this is a great card. Perfect for Father's Day. Wish I had all the stuff to replicate it. I'll just drool over yours, ok?!

Carrie said...

Perfect card! I know my husband belongs right next to the grill, LOL! Love the screw brads, just got some, I need to use them:) Good job on shading under the images. Smudge IS a BAD word:) Me no like smudges! Thanks for sharing.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute card girl!! I don't have that fella, but I have some others if you need um!!