Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthday Delivery


Happy Sunday! This card is cased from MJ, her gallery is listed at the very bottom, Beauty Lies Within! She is this week's featured stamper and WOW is she talented. So this card is for my dad. His birthday was yesterday, but I am having him over for dinner today. I am making a pork roast in plum sauce with rice and a ginger fruit salad...I am hungry already!


I wanted to keep this fairly masculine but not too serious. My dad is my biggest fan so I think he'll like it:) I colored the truck with my colored pencils and blender pen. I really like the aged look I can achieve with the pencils. The present is a MFT stamp. I like the burlap for a little bit of a whimsical touch. The slider is from JoAnne's.


Thanks for stamping by!

Laura

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way you aged the truck - good color choices!
Sally

Kristine said...

Ooo FABULOUS card!! :) I've always liked that set but still don't have it. I just found your blog btw, love it! Will be back often ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love the addition of the burlap. I takes a relatively simple layout and really pops it! Beautiful and a man card to boot!

Aura said...

Hey there, I love this card. I loved the distressed look also and that burlap is adorable. Very nice use of things that usually are not found on cards. Masculine but very classy. NICE JOB