Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A little monky business!






Hi there! imakeartcards.com, the fun online card store where I sell some of my cards, had a little challenge to make some window cards. I did these two. I really don't like to do window cards...I feel like I have to think too hard about it. That being said I really just adore this little monkey from Stampendous. I used classic ink for the background leaves and watercolor pencils on the vine, the cutout leaves and the monkey. I used Ranger Distress Ink and a sponge dauber for all the shading on the outside edges.

For the flower card, I colored the stamp and then outlined the image with my brown SU! marker. I added a little machine stiching and there you go! A sweet little card.

I want to say thanks again for all the very nice comments and can I just say how fun it is seeing your baskets. This group of stampers is the most talented, generous group. I am so happy to be a part of it!

Thanks for stamping by!

Laura

2 comments:

Sandra Smart said...

You are so talented, I cannot imagine you having to think about a card! And they are both awesome, as always!

Meda said...

When you made this card you must have been thinking about me. It is just the stylish, elegant type of card that I like.