Friday, February 22, 2008

Sweet Little Birdie


Hi! A friend of mine had sugery on both her feet, eeeccchhh! She has had many people step up to help her with her kids and bringing food over, so she needs some thank you cards. Well, she knows just the girl to ask! She didn't want them to be too fussy so this is what I came up with! I just stamped the image on Papertrey white cardstock and colored it with my watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I glued a small clear rhinesone to the center of the flower. I also used my new grey Copic marker for the shading. I really do like the Copic markers, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on them right this minute, KWIM. There is far too many other things I want right this minute, lol! So my plan is to buy a few at a time from my local art supply store. If I have a project with several color in mind I will get those and before you know it, bam....I have a whole bunch! And I will still have more paper than I could possibly use in my lifetime! The inside is stamped 'thank you' with SU! Short & Sweet. I also distessed the right edge with a paper distresser.


I love these so much I made another set to sell at imakeartcards.com. We'll see how they do!


Thanks for stamping by!
Laura~

3 comments:

pescbrico said...

Your thank you card are really lovely! She is lucky to have you around and other friens because with two feet at the same time... it should be hard to do stuff around the house!

Catherine said...

Your thank you cards are adorable, love this chick!

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.