Monday, February 18, 2008

Namaste'


Hi there! Well, I made it through my family reunion this past weekend. I hosted one of the dinners at my house with about 35 people in attendance. I made a few side dishes and had the rest of the dinner catered, which I highly recommend for that many people. I have made all the food in the past for this event and made myself crazy at the same time. This was much for enjoyable for me.


Ok, the other thing I have to mention is this. I live in Las Vegas and rarely go see shows, but because of the company we went to go see Stomp Out Loud last night. Can I just say that it was one of the most enjoyable shows I have EVER seen. Have you seen it? The show moved smoothly along and was funny and clever and utterly entertaining and was an absolutely perfect show for the whole family, my kids adored it! I cannot wait to see it again! Check it out if it is ever in your area.


On to the card! I just love, love, love this stamp set from My Favorite Things! I practice yoga off and on (if I am being completely honest more off than on, lol) and I have some friends that also practice. I will be working on some gift sets over the next few days, I can't wait to give them as gifts. This card is for the MFT Sketch challenge this week. I think I will always keep the embellishments for this set simple and serene because that's how it is meant to be. Oh, I got the jewel metal flower from Michael's, isn't it gorgeous!


Thanks for stamping by!


Laura~

6 comments:

Peggy said...

This card is very cute! Thank you for sharing. Sad to say, I've never had a desire to go to Las Vegas... even though some have had a great time... there are other places I'd love to explore first.
:0)

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Laura, I know what you mean about visiting the shows; during the 13 years we lived in Vegas we probably didn't see 5 show! And I also know what you mean about off and on yoga practice. I know I feel better when I practice, but I've been doing more aerobic exercise lately and not taking time for yoga. :(

BTW, very cute card. Thanks for sharing.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi laura,
wonderful card !!!!
get to visit my sis that lives there on March.
can't wait to see her.
chat

Hi, I tagged you more info on my blog

Fab said...

Namaste Ji Laura ! I found your blog through your basket weaving tutorial. It's such a fun project, I might even try to attempt it ...not sure about my ability to weave. The card is beautiful and I'll be back for more of your fabulousness !

Aura said...

I also bought this set and I love it. Your card is beautiful. The simplicity adds so much and I love the distressed look. I do Yoga on a daily basis and I truly believe that it is a necessary thing for me. I cant imagine how OCD and hyperactive I would be without it. Namaste!!
Thanks so much again for the stamp set, I used it just the other day for a friends, son's birthday!!

Mike, Nikki, and Ryan Fitzgerald said...

Hey Laura, I just had a minute to sit down and look at your sight. Very cute, fun, and creative ideas! I love what you've done with your site. Love your sis, Nikki