Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Find Joy


I knew about 1/2 hour into this project that it was just not coming together the way I wanted. I really loved how the cards looked in the gallery yesterday for the color challenge and I wanted to play along with the sketch challenge today. 2 hours later, yes that's right 2 hours later I have a card that is soooo not my favorite. Well, this is why I haven't been doing color challenges unless I LOVE the colors. I think it's so hard to work with colors that you are not completely inspired by. The flower is from My Favorite Things Boho Blossoms. The background swirl is from Doodle This and the sentiment is from Polka Dots & Paisley SU! The black panel is embossed with the swirl Cuttlebug folder. Tell me what you think, honestly, please! I think I will go for a little walk and hope that my mojo is not gone:)


Thanks for stamping by!

Laura~

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

Your mojo is still very much alive! I like this card. All the elements work well together and while you may not be thrilled with the colors - I think it looks very elegant! tfs ~chris

pescbrico said...

You card is really pretty but I so know the feeling of not liking what I've just done!
Have a wonderful day!

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

Well, I really like your card. If I had had time to do the challenge, I had planned to use this very flower. Not sure what bugs you about it, but I can empathize with your disappointment in a card that isn't wehat you wanted.

For what it's worth, I think anyone receiving this card would be delighted!

Sandra Smart said...

Laura, this card is so very pretty! It turned out great so don't be disappointed.

Katviper said...

I love the card. It looks so complete. All the elements are there. Great Job!

Doris said...

What's not to like??? All your cards are fabulous, which is why I check back so often!

Diane Noble said...

Laura, it's beautiful! I love black/white with an accent color--just about any accent color will do. You've done a fab job with the layout, detail, balance...it's all good! You're just being too hard on yourself!!! Some days are like that. See it through our eyes and you'll love it!

Corie said...

This is just so gorgeous

Anonymous said...

This card was very inspiring. Made me get up and make one. Love the colors. Black and white is always so classy.

Linda